For some, March Madness means college NCAA basketball playoff season, while for others March Madness means touring Ohio Maple country, watching the smoke rise from the sugar houses, sampling various products made from maple sugar, and enjoying pancakes smothered in 100% PURE MAPLE golden goodness.
Over the past ten years, NorthernOhioTourism.com has been helping those who seek to partake in this “madness” by supplying a list of where one can find this natural sugar sweetness.
Here is just a small sampling of events happening in Ohio.
- Maple Madness Driving Tour (March 5-6, 12-13, 19-20, 26-27, 2016) Visit selected Maple Sugaring operations across Ohio. Make sure you dress for the weather. Boots and outerwear a must!
- Maple Syrup Festival at Malabar Farm State Park (March 5-6, 12-13, 2016) This free festival is a great way to take a step back in time and enjoy learning about the history of Ohio syrup making.
- Hale Farm and Village (March 12-13, 19-20, 2016) This19th century village will be serving up pancakes and helping guests experience tree tapping. The day also includes demonstrations of blacksmithing, weaving, glassblowing and more. For a special treat climb aboard the Cuyahoga Valley Maple Sugar Express to Hale Farm and Village.
- Maple Sugar Weekends at Lake Metroparks Farmpark (Feb 27-28, March 5-6, 12-13, 19-20, 2016) Visitors take a wagon ride to the Woodland Center where they will get to witness the entire maple process. Pancakes are served all day.
- Fulton Farm Maple Syrup Tour & Pancake Breakfast (March 19, 2016) See the entire syrup-making process from gathering the sap to boiling and bottling in the sugar house, followed by a pancake breakfast.
For our more information about any of the above or to view our complete list of maple syrup and pancake events, visit NorthernOhioTourism.com.