Arts & Cultural Attractions for your Enjoyment
LAKE ERIE SHORES & ISLANDS, OHIO, November 4, 2015 — At Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands we are thankful for our varied artistic and cultural opportunities. Discover your love for the arts this November when you visit.
Take in a show! Many live theater and performance options are offered, from a first-class symphony orchestra to community theater and everything in-between. Check out the Lake Erie Shores & Islands’ best venues and their offerings:
- The Bellevue Society for the Arts is a community theatre organization whose mission is to promote the arts through appreciation, education, and participation at the 335-seat Hirt Theater. In November, BSA presents The Last Five Years, an intimate one-act musical on November 6-8 and 13-14.
- The Listening Room in Port Clinton is a music venue where nationally touring singers and songwriters perform their original music. This intimate setting with only 100 seats puts the audience close to the stage. Acts on the horizon include Jesse Terry & Daniel Champagne November 4 and Cassidy and the Music November 27.
- The Playmakers Civic Theatre in Port Clinton is a community theatre offering both stage plays and musicals. Playmakers presents “Honk” The Musical November 12-15 and 19-22.
- The Sandusky State Theatre is a 1,500-seat national landmark and is a top entertainment destination hosting nationally-recognized performers, Broadway shows, and community theatre. The State Theatre offers The Nutcracker Ballet on November 21 to kick-off the holidays.
- The enchanting Firelands Symphony Orchestra, whose season runs from October through April at the Sandusky State Theatre, delights fans with its diverse repertoire. Patriotic Pops is presented on November 8.
- The Firelands Musical Arts Series presents James D’Leaon Piano on November 7 performing at the Firelands Presbyterian Church.
At Ohio’s Lake Erie Shores & Islands, visual arts engage and inspire. Take in a museum or art gallery, or try your hand at a number of creative outlets and participate in an educational and creative opportunity.
- The Sandusky Cultural Center offers works of art in a large variety of media and styles by contemporary artists from around the world. This gallery features known and aspiring artists, with regional, national and international talent and showcases a gallery devoted to the works of local students. The exhibit Rituals and Meditations runs through November 22.
- The quaint village of Marblehead offers a number of artist galleries. Witness glass blowing demonstrations along with one-of-a-kind creations at Ferguson’s Gallery and Studio. Desdemona’s is a consignment gallery representing artists and craftsmen local to the area – most of them primarily inspired by nautical and nature themes. Twisted Sisters Gallery is a unique collection of artists showcasing elegant, yet kitschy works.
- Historic downtown Sandusky offers the Brick Gallery representing a number of area artists in a variety of styles and media.
- You can also shop for artistic goodies at a number of art walks and shows: Sandusky Art Walk November 5, Home for the Holidays Craft & Home Show November 14, Holiday Stop & Shop at Liberty Aviation Museum December 5, and the Main Street Vermilion Holiday Arts Show weekends through December 20.
- Explore your creative side with a class: Recycled Art Workshop November 7, Twisted Art Class November 10, Wine & Paint Party November 10, Arty Party-to-go November 11 and 18, and Paint ‘n Pour November 18.
Get details on all performances, exhibits, classes, and events at SHORESandISLANDS.com and discover your love for the arts this fall.
Firelands Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert
Jill L. Bauer
Public Relations Coordinator
Lake Erie Shores & Islands – East
4424 Milan Road, Suite A
Sandusky, OH 44870
419.625.2984 or 800.255.3743