July 4th and every weekend in July • 9 am to 5 pm
Lake Metroparks Farmpark is serving up lots of frozen fun during the month of July. Try your hand at making ice cream and meet the dairy cows that produce milk and cream. Find out where your favorite ice cream flavor comes from. Kids have fun discovering hands-on how ice cream comes from cow to cone in the Factory of Frozen Fun.
Join us as we kick off National Ice Cream Month with an Americana celebration to observe the Fourth of July. We’ll be dishing out scrumptious Pierre’s Ice Cream at an ice cream social complete with toppings from J.M. Smucker’s. Sundaes are $1 to support Farmpark education programs. Ice cream socials are served from 11 to 4 on July 4 and every weekend in July.
Discount Drug Mart, Pierre’s Ice Cream Company and Playground World invite to continue the month-long celebration with Lake Metroparks during Farmpark’s Ice Cream Weekends, held every weekend in July. Hand milk a cow and learn how they separate the cream from the milk. Help us make homemade ice cream the old fashioned way with a hand cranked machine!
Hours for the Fourth of July celebration and Ice Cream Weekends are 9 am to 5 pm on July 4th and every weekend in July (5 & 6, 12 & 13, 19 & 20 and 26 & 27). Ice cream socials are served 11 am to 4 pm.
Admission to Ice Weekend is only $4 for kids ages 2 to 11; $6 ages 12 to 59; $5 ages 60 and older; Farmpark members and children younger than 2 are free. Visit lakemetroparks.com or call 440-256-2122 or 800-366-FARM (3276) for more information.
Factory of Frozen Fun
Kids will love the hands-on activities of The Factory of Frozen Fun. Interactive stations guide them through how ice cream comes from cow to cone.
- Plant your favorite ice cream flavor seeds in the farmer’s field
- Explore a giant cream separator
- Discover different types of sugar available
- Play games in the milking station and play dairy-related games and learn which ingredients are used to make ice cream
- Go to the Flavor Station to add your favorite flavors
- Mix the ingredients together at the Mixing Station
- Release the mixed ingredients into ice cream containers
- Keep the ice cream from melting in a temperature controlled freezer
- Gather ice cream containers and load them into the ice cream truck
The Factory of Frozen Fun will be open 9 am to 5 pm beginning July 4 and Tuesdays through Sundays through Labor Day and is included in the regular Farmpark admission; with the exception of Vintage Ohio August 1 and 2, where admission to the park is by event ticket only.
Lake Metroparks Farmpark is located only 25 miles east of Cleveland at 8800 Euclid Chardon Road in Kirtland. Take I 90 to the Rt. 306 exit; head south on Route 306 five miles to Euclid Chardon Road (Route 6); turn left on Route 6, and head east one mile. Entrance to Farmpark is on the right.
11211 Spear Road
Concord Twp., OH 44077
(440) 358 – 7275 Visitor Services